Sunday, April 11, 2010

Determined to be Healthy

Hi guys,
Wednesday night I took some time to really think about my life and my body; I usually take time to reflect when I am soaking in the tub :) Everyone who knows me knows that it has been a struggle for Josh and I to have a baby. We've been trying for 6 months, and so far, nothing has happened. That being said, the fact that I want to become a mother is tremendous and I want to make sure I'm doing all in my power to be healthy when the time does come for us.

In the past 3 years, my weight has gotten out of control. My whole life I've had a weight problem, and for the most part, I was able to stay at a steady weight by doing little exercise and eating like I wanted to. My parents all love to eat and have get togethers, so my life has always revolved around food. My senior year of high school and my first 2 years of college, I felt like my weight was in a good point, I was broke, so I couldn't afford to eat, and thus, lost weight. When I got married and moved back home, I got lazy and comfortable in life and all hope of being healthy went out the door.

Anyways, I got to thinking about my life and body while in the tub. I realized that being overweight and trying to get pregnant were closely related. Not feeling good about myself, affects just about everything surrounding it. I want to be around and be an active parent in my children's life, so I've decided it's time to make a life change. I've started a healthy diet with tasty food and decided to cut myself off of drinking all coke. I'm excited and 5 days in. I can tell a huge difference already in how I feel and think that this is something that will deeply impact my life.

Everyday I will drink water and try to eat 1500 calories as I'll be exercising too. Every day after work, my husband and I will be walking the dogs from our house down to the local nearby park, which will be around 2 miles. I know I'll feel better and the results will be great. I hope you support me and stay tuned for the updates. This is all really private to me, but I need to do this for myself and others.

Weekly Weigh in:
Waist:51
Hips56
Bust: 48

It's horrible... I'm embarrassed....

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: