Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bumpdate: Week 5

How fun are these to do and look back on? No bump pic this week, because I forgot :( New weeks start on Monday's, so look for Week 6's Bumpdate tomorrow :)


How far along: 5 weeks, 6 days.

Fun facts: Baby is growing at a crazy, fast pace. It's made up of three layers-the ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm. Neural tube is starting to develop-which will later form the baby;s brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone.The heart and circulatory system are also starting to form. Heart begins to divide into chambers and pump blood.

How big is the baby: The size of a sesame seed and looks like a tadpole.


Total weight gain: So far, only a pound, but it is early on, so I am sure I won't be this lucky through the whole pregnancy. Since I am overweight, I really have to watch my weight gain, so that I am not at a bigger risk or getting hypertension and diabetes. I am trying to eat well and take care of myself.

Sleep: I am sleeping comfortably and lots, but it never seems to be enough. I am usually ready for a nap around 1 and ready for bed by 10.

Best moment of the week: Getting the pregnancy confirmed. I knew it would be, but the extra confidence helps a lot.



Food Cravings: I have been craving an orange creamslush shake from Sonic sooo bad since my sister got me one last weekend. You better believe I'll get one this weekend when I get paid :) Also, anything ice cream/shakes. Yum!

Food aversions: Most lunch food at work has grossed me out; chili and raviolis were the worst!

Movement: Not yet, still have a few months to go :)

Gender: Won't find out until around Christmas.

What I really miss: I don't miss anything. I am really enjoying this journey and am so happy to get this blessing after praying for so long.


Most worried about:
 Gestational diabetes and screwing up the health of the baby somehow. General concerns, I'm told.


Most I'm looking forward to: The first ultrasound, hopefully soon :)


Anything else? I have had gas bubbles so so bad. It's kinda embarrassing, but it is what it is.

No comments: