Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Work Begins, Again

My yoga and dieting regimine began again today. I am determined to be a few dress sizes smaller by the time Josh and I go on vacation in May. What am I planning to do this time around to be ready?

1. Drink a Herbalife meal replacement shake once a day. I'm really happy with these; they don't taste life cardboard crap, so it makes it a lot easier for me to drink it and not feel deprived. I also have a list of shake recipes I can create at home using different pudding mixes and adding fruit in when I want.

2. Increased water intake. My Herbalife consultant gave me a free cup that I can make my shakes in in the morning and take it with me to work, but when I am done drinking my shake, I can rinse it out and fill it up with water. If I feel it to the top, it's 16 ounces and before I know it I have drank 3 cups full, sometimes more like 5 or 6 lol. I feel hydrated, and therefore, the caffeine/coke addiction drops.

3. Yoga regimine-5 days a week. I will do a yoga dvd once a day. I currently have 2 beginner dvds- one much much harder than the other. This weekend I will buy 3 more- 2 intermediate and 1 hard. I'll alternate the dvds so that my routine never gets mixed up and my body is always challenged. I'll also pick 2 nights a week where I am free from them to rest. I'm eager to see the difference it makes on my body and in fitness.I loose 30 pounds, I'm getting my first tattoo :)

4. Portion control- this is what I did last time and lost 3 lbs like that. I don't miss out on eating the foods I like, I just don't go back for seconds and try not to finish every bit of food on my plate. I will also eat better, more nutritious meals and snacks. I also won't eat past 9:00 p.m.

I'll be doing my weekly weigh ins/ updates to let you know how I'm doing and to keep myself accountable.

Weight as of today- 236.5, not a number I'm proud of, but not my heighest ever. I want to finally, be under the 200's, I haven't seen that number in 5 years!

I hope you follow along with me :)
XOXO
Jenn

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Sending best wishes your way as you work on your health and fitness. It's a shame that taking off weight isn't as easy as putting it on. Can't wait to watch your progress!

Unknown said...

Awww thanks Val! I am so glad you'll follow me on this journey, it's going to be extremely difficult for me, but I am excited to see the results :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to you. Have you seen Megan Garcia's plus size yoga video? When I did yoga, I would use that. I couldn't bend the way the little girl yoga's wanted me to.

Unknown said...

HAHA I haven't, but now you make me want to check it out, where can I find it at?