Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yoga: 1st Week

I survived my first week of yoga and I have to say, I've done a lot better than I thought I would. For the first 3 days, I did solely my Beginner's Yoga dvd, which don't let it fool you, it's tough. My body hurt, muscles burned, but I did it. I got through 45 minutes every time.

One day 4 I chose to do a mix of Beginner's Yoga and Yoga Burn (suggested by my friend, Trenton). Yoga Burn kicks you butt. It's intense, but exactly what I need. This dvd alone will be what will give me my abs and work my legs and arms. I've made it 50 minutes through this dvd and I have 40 or so left. I've made doing my yoga a daily thing and I already Can tell a difference. My post-pregnancy looking belly (no, I haven't been pregnant, but I sure have a belly like I have)is slowly shrinking and my chest is getting perkier. I, for once, am feeling sexy about myself.

I'm not asking to be stick skinny, because it's never going to happen, but I can be toned and fit; and overall, a better me.

I HIGHLY recommend these dvds. They're the only ones I've used where I feel the poses transforming my body and really working. I intend on buying more of them so I have a broader variety. My goal for now... in 6 weeks to be in a bikini and not cringe. My body won't be where I want for now, but it will next year when I go on vacation. In 6 weeks, my husband and I are staying at a VERY nice cabin with my parents and it has a hot tub, so yea... I want to be in a bikini and seeing improvement by then :)

I've been holding off on buying my Halloween costume because I don't want to get one now and in a month it not fit. So in 3-4 weeks, I'll order it :)

Here's the dvds. Wish my luck, I'm pushing my body harder than I ever have and I know I can do it :)

http://www.amazon.com/Rodney-Yees-Yoga-Beginners-Yee/dp/B001F76OKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283959089&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Rodney-Yee-Yoga-Burn/dp/B000A4T80O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283959112&sr=8-5

No comments: